For providing the services, we have very senior professional staff working full time or on contract basis (i.e. on assignments) and research staff. The professional staffs have a mix of experts in SURVEYS AND EVALUATIONS (both quantitative and qualitative techniques), Communication Specialist, Health Economists and public Health Specialists and Market Research specialists. Many of them have been providing consultancy services/assisting other agencies in the areas of expertise mentioned above for more than 20 years.
KEY RESEARCH PERSONNEL
Dr. Y.P. Gupta
Chief of Research
Areas of Specialization: Quantitative Research, Project Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, MIS & Operations Research
- MA, Ph.D (Statistics) from University of Delhi, Training in Health Planning & Economic Development at University of Michigan, USA
- About 32 years of experience of research and training, especially in project development, monitoring and evaluation, MIS, operations research, especially in the field of population, reproductive and child health, sexual and reproductive health of youth and HIV/AIDS
- Development of project proposals for Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for World Bank Funding on Urban Health Services
- Worked as Director, Population & Reproductive Health Sector, CARE-India, New Delhi from 1995-2002 and Associate Professor (Operations Research), National Institute of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi from 1980-1995
- Consultant to The Future Groups International, USA for the Population Simulation Models project implemented jointly with Research Triangle Institute, North Carolina, USA through NIHFW and IIPS Mumbai, in India
- Training in IEC and wide experience of developing BCC strategies and BCC material in the field of Population, SRH and HIV/AIDS
- Worked as Consultant to Oxfam India for project “HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Programme for Rural and Tribal Youth in Orissa and Rajasthan”. The assistance provided to Oxfam for this project was:
Designed the Monitoring & Evaluation Framework for the project “HIV/AIDS prevention and Care Programme for Rural and Tribal Youth in Orissa and Rajasthan”, for Oxfam, an International NGO and conducted training of staff in using the recording and reporting formats, preparation of monthly/quarterly reports and feedback to field level staff. The design part also included development of User’s manual and software for computerized MIS.
Member of the panel of experts to develop the Trainer’s Guide for Infant Feeding and HIV Counselling Course, Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India,in Partnership with National AIDS Control Organisation, Government of India and UNICEF.
Member of UIP review team of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India representing DfID (as a consultant)
Developed strategy paper for Oxfam, GB for initiation of HIV/AIDS prevention, and care and support programme in Bangladesh.
As a team leader, developed protocols for Community Based Youth Friendly Health Services for Rural Youth in the Context of HIV and AIDS – Oxfam, New Delhi, 2007.
As a team leader, conducted review of the Quality of VCTC Services in the State of Uttar Pradesh (covering all 103 VCTC centres), UNICEF, Lucknow, 2007.
Member of team for the study on Analysis of legal and policy framework related to Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health in India by Indian Academy of Pediatrics for UNICEF India (2012)
Provided consultancy services to various agencies such as CARE-India, Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India, GFK-Mode, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi, Catholic Relief Services, Population Foundation of India, FHI, UNFPA, SEWA Bharat, DfID, WHO, Oxfam etc
- Finalization of questionnaires for baseline survey of adolescent girls in 4 districts of Orissa and 2 districts of Rajasthan
- Training of Field Investigators along with agency contracted for survey, for field data collection
- Since the baseline survey report by agency was delayed, I did data analysis and prepared brief report for submission to EU.
Mrs. Gita Biswas
Areas of specialization: Qualitative Research
- Post Graduation in Psychology from University of Allahabad
- About 10 years of experience in the Population and Reproductive Health Sector of CARE India, in the field of capacity building, social mobilization and behavior change of men, women, youth and adolescents
- Worked in CARE-India as Project Officer (1996-99) responsible for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ‘Women’s Health Project in 65 slums of Allahabad”
- Project Manager (1999-2004) responsible for implementing “Action for Slum dwellers Reproductive Health, Allahabad ( ASRHA)” which had major focus on adolescent’s reproductive and sexual health (both girls and boys) and covered all slums of Allahabad.
Strategic liasioning and alliances with Government (Department of Health, Education, ICDS, Municipal Corporation, District Urban Development Agency, Jal Sansthan, Jal Nigam) and Non Government Agencies (UNICEF, Population Council, Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital and other local NGOs) in Uttar Pradesh
Capacity building of stakeholder groups (including grassroots level Community Health Volunteer) and project team on reproductive health related technical inputs; communication skill, gender sensitivity and rights based approach
Supportive supervision of staff of partner NGO.
Organized women group for small saving and taking up income generating activity and their linkages to Vocational Training Institute.
Training on Family Planning, RTI/STI, HIV and AIDS, Safe-motherhood and Newborn care.
Verbal Autopsy and Community Analysis of Maternal Deaths in Project Implemented Slums
Involvement in Micro Planning of District Intensive Pulse Polio Immunization Program
Evaluation of Targeted Interventions of SACSs.
Conducted assessment of NGOs for partnering with Leprosy Mission India for DFID funded project on ‘Challenging Anti Leprosy Legislations (CALL) in India-Chhattisgarh & Uttar Pradesh.
Conducted large number of FGDs for various projects of Y.G.Consultants & Services Pvt. Ltd.
Team leader for one district in Jharkhand for conduction of baseline survey of out of school adolescent girls for CEDPA-India.
- She was actively involved in conduction of baseline and mid-term evaluation of this project.
- Organised training of Peer educators on adolescent sexual and reproductive health for out of school as well as training of teachers for imparting sexual health education in schools in Allahabad.
- Responsible for organizing vocation training for adolescent girls in collaboration with ITIs and local trainers.
Mr. Jay Prakash
Monitoring & Evaluation (FP)
- M.Phil. (Population Studies), JNU New Delhi
- MPS (Population Studies with specialization Bio-statistics), IIPS Mumbai
- M.Sc. (Statistics with specialization in Demography), BHU Varanasi
- Pursued Ph.D. (Population Studies) in JNU New Delhi (1994-99)
- Technical Expert, Policy Unit, Department of Planning and Evaluation, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NHFW), New Delhi
- Advisor-Research and Evaluation, Formative Research and Development Services Pvt. Ltd. South Extension, New Delhi
- Senior-Researcher – Health-Systems, Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), New Delhi
- Research Director – Program Evaluations, Formative Research and Development Services Pvt. Ltd. South Extension, New Delhi
- Researcher – Social Development, Formative Research and Development Services Pvt. Ltd. South Extension, New Delhi
- Working as Senior Specialist with Y.G.Consultants since July 2014 for providing technical support in monitoring and evaluation to Family Planning Division, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India
Mr. Naveen Roy
Monitoring & Evaluation (FP)
- Master of Population Studies (MPS) from International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai
- Master of Arts in Development Studies (MA-DS) from Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Lucknow
- Expertise in using Software packages such as SPSS, STATA SE, SPECTRUM, AtlasTi, MORTPAK, digitising and plotting of map in Arc GIS, Quantum GIS and Tableau
- About 9 years of experience in data Analysis, report Writing, training, Monitoring and Supervision
- Working as Senior Specialist with Y.G. Consultants since September 2014 for providing technical support in family planning to Technical Support Unit in Uttar Pradesh funded by Bill and Melinda gates Foundation
Dr. Ashwani Kumar
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
- M.A. (Geography), Banaras Hindu University
- M.P.S., M.Phil and Ph.D. in Population Studies, from International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai
- Monitor the DLHS-4, Facility Survey in Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand
- Expertise in using Software packages such as SPSS, SAS, SPECTRUM, AtlasTi, MORTPAK, digitising and plotting of map in Arc GIS.
- About 5 years of experience in data Analysis, report Writing, training, Monitoring and Supervision
- Working as Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist with Y.G. Consultants since December 2017 for providing technical support in family planning to Technical Support Unit in Bihar funded by Bill and Melinda gates Foundation
Mr. K.L. Gaba
Monitoring & Evaluation
- M.Sc. (Mathematics), Delhi University
- Certificate in Statistical Methods & Applications, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi
- M.Sc. (Medical Demography), London University, London, UK
- Ex-Research Officer, Department of Statistics & Demography, National Institute of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi
- About 34 years of experience of research/surveys/evaluation and training in Health and Family Welfare
Mr. Roshan Lal
- Masters in Sociology
- About 35 years of experience of field data collection, supervision, analysis of data, and writing of reports of research studies in the field of population, RCH and HIV/AIDS
Mr. Milan Kumar Sen
- B. Com ( 1970) from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (UP)
- Has over 34 years of experience in the area of survey - both in people and facility aspects, as well as in topographical surveys. Have developed expertise in the planning and coordination of large scale and national level surveys. Has worked in the prestigious All India Family Planning Surveys, NFHS, All India beneficiary assessment of rural wage employment programmes for the CAG, and the national BSS for NACO
Dr. S.B. Arora
Professor(Retired), School of Health Sciences, IGNOU, New Delhi - Public Health Specialis
Area of specialization: Public Health
- MBBS, MD (Community health Administration), Diploma in Health Education (CHEB) Ex-Reader, National Institute of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi, Senior Programme Officer, Voluntary health Association of India, New Delh
- About 20 years of experience of training and research in community Health including development of Urban Health Services Model
- Conducted large number of research and evaluation studies
- About 20 research publications to his credit
Dr. P.P. Talwar
Professor and Head, Department of Statistics and Demography (Retired)
Area of specialization: statistics, monitoring & evaluation and MIS
- Ph.D (Bio-statistics) from University of North Carolina, PG Diploma (Demography) IIPS, Bombay, India
- About 35 years of experience of training and research in population and reproductive health, especially in survey/evaluative research, monitoring, MIS. He has worked with various agencies in different capacities such as National Institute of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi, The Futures Group International, USA, Carolina Population Centre, North Carolina, USA, Research Triangle Institute, USA, UNFPA, CRS etc
- Director, India Population Centre, Lucknow (1978-1980)
- Adjunct Professor, School of Public Health , University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA (1994-2000)
- Professor and Head, Deptt. of Statistics and Demography, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi from 1980-1994
- Examiner of M.Phil and Ph.D thesis in Statistics and Demography from several Universities in India
- “Infant mortality in relation to fertility” Madhya Pradesh
- Training needs assessment of health and family welfare personnel in UP
- Developing and strengthening of ISM in a district and their contribution to healthcare delivery system, Gwalior, MP
- Healthcare Delivery Model for Tribal Area, Bastar District, MP
- Study on Reproductive Health Problems among Males and Females in a district of Rajasthan”
- Published a number of research papers in RCH and Family Planning